Radix Foundation Reducing Stake/Nodes - Discussion

The Radix foundation announced yesterday that they were reducing the number of nodes they operate on the Radix network. This is great news for the community as it increases the APY for all stakers, whilst providing further decentralisation and opening up 4 new slots for community validators to fill.

Radix Announcement - Reducing Stake

Who are the validators you’re looking forward to seeing enter the set? Is anybody using this as an opportunity to adjust their existing stake?

1 Like

This action from the RDX Works teams shows a lot of faith in both the network integrity and community ability to maintain the network.
A couple of questions I have is a) what’s happening to this stake? As mentioned in the announcement it won’t be re-staked on the other foundation nodes. Will it be sold to exchanges?
and b) How will this affect the Nakamoto Coefficient?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s been explicitly stated, but I presume it just goes back into the foundation’s coffers for distribution into programs that “benefit the Radix Community and a DeFi ecosystem on Radix”. That’s the wording in the knowledge base Foundation Staking Rewards Policy

Good question on the nakamoto coefficient, that will be the true measure of how it’s affecting decentralisation. It would be great if they restaked on the community to redistribute that stake but I’m pretty sure they wont do that.

1 Like

I’m personally looking forward to StakeNordic getting in the top 100. I’ve been seeing him a lot lately in Discord and Telegram, he created his introduction thread, and he’s also pushing for decentralization by using uncommon hosts in different locations.

Node runners that engage in the community are the ones that deserve the most being in the top 100. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you Mattia for the support :slight_smile:

I think we should all strive for getting better spread of the stake across the 100 nodes basically. The Radix team can implement techincal solutions for this long term (max stake %, more rewards for staking with bottom 50 etc), but it’s up to everyone else to be conscious about how to stake right and smart for them and the network in general. I think there are several good explanations available for those that take time to read them. :+1:

4 Likes