What do you think of Radix Talk?

i’m afraid that radixtalk will be forgotten again after the competition.
do you already know how this platform will be further promoted after the competition?

3 Likes

Maybe what you said is true, but before there was a discussion about it here,

But I think radixtalk will grow to its full potential along with increasing people’s view of the technology that Radix is working on. As a small example of the terra money forum experiencing an increase in users and posts during the MoE period, what I mean is Radix Talk will also be used optimally when the relationship between developers and holders is very close and needs each other.

I hope you’re all right.

I really like Radix Talk’s basic functionality for why it was created in the first place: to actually store information which would otherwise be lost in TG / Discord, so for that we should keep using it.

There will definitely be less content (let’s be honest, the quality might be better than now… :slight_smile: ), but I don’t think it will completely go extinct.

And never forget that once Radix tech is proven, and the hype train arrives, it will bring many new people to this forum as well.

In addition, lately I feel like I can’t make a thread, every post I put moves into the pending section. Then it just disappears, if there is a verification or selection stage, I think there should be a notification before deletion is carried out.

And posts can go unlisted and mysteriously disappear, I think a bit of a problem with this mysterious thing. Other things like badges I feel now have clear boundaries and it’s really easy to unlock more badges, and I’m really really happy to collect them.

Only threads created in the Chat/Discussion section will be pending before getting listed.

1 Like

do i get a message if a new topic not will be published?

According to this thread, you get a notification if your post gets approved. Sadly there’s no way to get a notification if your post gets rejected.

2 Likes

Exactly, I was thinking about the same question.

The competition is coming to an end, and after the 24th of June, we will surely see a massive run-off of people from the blog. The idea of launching a giveaway has been a clever move because it attracted more and more people to this site. Although we all noticed the initial large influx of low quality-efforts post, nft hunters, users with multiple accounts and so on, it is evident that there’s a lot of potential behind this project. Personally, I am learning a lot of new interesting stuff, and it is always a pleasure to share opinion and different points of view with interesting people like all of you.

Is there already something fresh in progress regarding how to keep RadixTalk alive / attract more and more new people? I’m sure @Mattia and all the moderators behind RadixTalk have clear ideas about of what to do in the next months.

1 Like

I haven’t replied yet to this question because I have some plans but I can’t I’m not ready to share those ideas just yet.
But just be aware that RadixTalk won’t be forgotten like some might think; I have big plans for this forum and I’m thinking on the long term here. I’m well aware that Radix isn’t that known as of right now, and it’s even harder to promote a forum for something that isn’t mainstream or widespread yet.
If you Google Radix, only some results are related to Radix DLT, and of those, the majority is made up by the official site of Radix.
What I’m saying is, there’s just not a lot to talk about as of right now. Once Babylon comes around I’m sure we will have much more activity. In the meantime we have to think outside the box but like I said, I already have some ideas.

Many of you have found out thanks to this contest how important and useful a forum like RadixTalk is, and my main objective is to show others exactly this. How? Well, that’s the part I can’t say yet.

I really believe in RadixTalk because as of right now, there’s no better platform for long or not-so-active discussions. I laugh when I see “megathreads” on Telegram that are made up of multiple messages, hard to find, and hard to keep track of the discussion. Discord isn’t a solution either.

We have the funds, we have the motivation and we have enough time to grow RadixTalk. This is just the beginning. You might see something soon though :wink:

If you guys have cool ideas I’m always all ears anyways!

6 Likes

I thin it has been a great success for these reasons.

1. I think Mattia has learnt alot about his this could function and what works with user activity
  2. The website has been populated with some great posts and this gives the site more value
  3. There has been alot more activity, i personally thought there would be more

I am keen to hear of Mattia plans, glad to hear there a vision, also I think he is looking towards when Radix is massive and how then this forum will be very active

1 Like

At this point, Mattia can only do so much. Its up to the community to carry on with insightful posts and most of all retention and socials! A critical part of growing ecosystems.

Perhaps some integration of OTC/Escrow style trading would be sure to increase activity however places a lot of burden on the moderators.

Im really happy with the direction its going tbh, keep it up team!

3 Likes

I also hope the restriction of being able to reply to posts will be removed after the competition , so times its fun to have banter and jokes and to just say thanks, I have wanted to to that a few times and did not cause I know it will be removed, I hope this does not happen after the com otherwise it wont be a un place, or as fun as it could be.

I agree with that!
Liking is great but sometimes I just want to say thank you for writing this and taking the time to explain this to me

I think it would add a lot to Radix talk if also post would be allowed which not necessarily add something intellectual to the discussion of course this would be after the competition!

I completely understand that it is necessar to reject some posts but having a way to still access these rejected posts would be still cool so that you at least don’t forget the idea of the post

Since it is a clear, zero effort way of cheers farming it was obvious that it had to be restricted. It pretty much ruins the contest if someone farm cheers this way, while you are trying to create useful content / add value to the current topic. :slight_smile:

If anyone keeps saying thanks for every comment in a topic for example, the contest will turn into a spam contest, which was clearly not the intention of the contest creators.

4 Likes

Yeah definitely not! That would have ruined the whole point of providing value to Radix talk

But would be cool if this is to a normal extend allowed after the contest is finished

We’d still like to have high quality posts instead of simple thanks, since that’s what the like button is for, but obviously we’re gonna be more lax when the contest is over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m excited for the competition to end so people will stop making pointless posts just for leaderboard

2 Likes

I guess in order to improve the feedback section, is it possible to integrate a post reaction plugin? Much like discord/TG reaction, that would make it so people can say thanks through emojis and avoid a simple thanks message

You can always throw your emojis in a reply :slightly_smiling_face: :grinning: and hit the thumbs up button below the post to show you like it. I know Discord has a lot of emojis you can add to the post and people can “like” it by hitting those, but I also see people abuse that by spelling things out in emojis in channels they don’t have permission to reply in. I feel like one thumbs up is just as effective. Just my opinion.

1 Like