Yes, Validators can increase and decrease their fees at any time, subject to the rules below:
- A 500 epoch delay occurs before the fee increase is applied
- Fees may only increase by a maximum absolute increase of 10% at a time (e.g. from 0% to 10%, or 2% to 12%). If a validator wants to increase their fees by more than 10% then they will need to apply the changes over multiple 500 epoch delays.
- The new, higher fee, will be displayed immediately in the Radix Explorer so that existing and potential stakers can see what the new fee will be.
- A fee decrease will take effect at the start of the next epoch
- There is no limit to the decrease (e.g. from 20% to 0%)