Do you ever fail to receive a transaction to sign?

I am trying to collect data on when exactly the Radix official mobile wallet fails to send transactions to sign (leaving the front-end dApp page spinning endlessly in wait). For me, it is, to my knowledge, only sending me the transactions to sign if I have the app open - and focused, not in the background - and the phone is unlocked. Please help me collect data by filling out this form, so I can figure out if it is a configuration/permissions issue on my side or a bug I can submit.

How to submit:

• replace [ ] with [x] and delete the other [ ]
  • for the ones that aren’t multiple choice, only leave 1 option
  • any additional relevant information, put at the bottom
  • feel free to submit multiple times for the different scenarios. if you are motivated enough to test every single scenario, please also submit version of OS and of the radix wallet app for completeness :slight_smile:

Observed Behavior

----

[ ] After submitting a transaction, I got a notification to sign it in the app

[ ] After submitting a transaction, I did NOT receive a notification to sign it in the app

[ ] After submitting a transaction, I received a notification to sign it in the app, but it took a really long time to appear

OS

----

[ ] Android

[ ] iPhone

Version of OS

----

[fill in here, if you want]

Version of App

----

Primary Variable

----

> Delete the ones you aren't reporting for and leave 1 row:

A: App is open

B: App is not open but still running in the background

C: App is open but the screen is locked (I think this is a different kind of "running in the background")

D: App is closed

Secondary Variable

1. App has never been opened since phone booted (only relevant for D)

2. App has been opened only once since phone booted, and has been running ever since

3. App has been opened and fully dismissed once since phone started

4. App has been opened and fully dismissed more than once since phone started

Network Information

----

1. Transaction came from localhost

2. Transaction was on stokenet but not localhost

3. Transaction was on mainnet

Additional Information

Wait, are we supposed to get notifications outside the app? I never got a notification from the wallet, I always had to manually open Radix Wallet on my Android phone to sign transactions. I thought this was the intended behaviour so far.

Or do you mean that when trying to send a transaction from Radix Connect (browser) you get no notification inside the Radix Wallet app to sign the transaction, even if you open it? I did have that happen once or twice, if that’s what you’re referring to.

No, that is a planned feature, but not currently.

I meant - do you ever fail to receive the transaction for any reason. For the situations where the app is closed (what I am most interested in), I meant, if you interact with a dApp and THEN open the app, do you ever receive the signature request? I don’t.

Understood. I just tried and I do receive the signature request, even if the app is closed (and removed from recent apps). What you’re referring to did happen to me once or twice but it was when Babylon was just released and I think the official network gateway was a bit overwhelmed.

I don’t know how the wallet works at a low level but, did you check if some power saving feature isn’t killing the app in background?
I would imagine that as soon as the app opens, it queries the gateway for unprocessed transactions to sign, but maybe it does that only in the background; so if the app is killed in the background you get no notification even when opening it.

Some phone vendors are known to do this: https://dontkillmyapp.com/

Nothing that I see. I have Pixel 6