How did you end up as a Radix junkie?

i don’t know man, i think as long as there will be an incentive to keep running, and as long there is people who need to use it, then eth will always continue to exist. In the long run, I hope it’s just going to be less relevant as better platforms as radix come along.

ETH is here to stay, at least for a while. The moment of truth is going to be after POS is live and operational. While I do hold some “rainy day” ETH, I wouldn’t mind if the POS transition fails horribly and completely ruins ETHs reputation. Small price to pay for Radix dominance the way I see it lol

1 Like

Don’t get me started! ::
Joined (same as Lloyd) back in 2013 via BitcoinTalk (BTT) which was “the” place to be if you were interested in crypto. There was a bit of chatter on Reddit, but most convos were on BTT.

5 Likes

My story is not as awesome as many here, but i researched high and low for the L1 that would solve the trilemma and Radix was the clear winner!!

4 Likes

For me same :-p all pointed to Radixdlt

1 Like

In 2017 a friend sent me a link to it asking if it’s worth the effort. I was sort of a project validator :laughing:
And the more I was reading the more surreal was looking. Seemed too good to be true, so then I joined the TG channel and the community sealed it for me. Was probably the first community to have this honest self reflection and be down to earth.
Also the POS video where Dan demoed some payment system with a Radix debit card on youtube, was mind blowing back then. Like what??? I can make my own debit cards?

4 Likes

in which year was this? i’m asking because radix hasn’t launched babylon until now.

This was last year actually for me

Daaaaaang you’re OG! I feel “Radix Old” just for following it since 2016/17.

@Vlad - I remember that POS video!

My story: Back in the early days of crypto I had dreams of what this tech could enable. (I remember being in the Eth subreddit before Eth’s initial sale….lamenting the fact that I was a broke grad student) since then I’ve judged projects based off n whether they could support those dreams. In 2016 I had been going down stablecoin rabbit holes. Eventually someone came into the MakerDAO sub & was asking about whether there can be synergies between the DAI and Radix stablecoin. Looked into the project and it’s been at the top of my list since. The past 2 years have been crazy tho watching it develop and seeing how the team applies the “start with the end in mind and work backwards” philosophy to almost everything.

Also, for those of you who complain about marketing, plz go back to 2017 and look at the options we had to follow Radix. (Good ol’ black and white forum)

I can say it all started in 2020, I am a meme addict and love to create hype and leave when I lose my time and look for another meme project.
Until the end of 2021 @win teaches good types of investments. Too many losses before because completely memes are the biggest gamble.
Starting from there in the end, a comparable profit came from radix

Lmao that’s wild. Was XRD available back then? I can’t even imagine how different my wallet would look if I discovered Radix in 2018. I would definitely have more scorps!

1 Like

Yes I did invest back in 2013 but it was only what I could afford to loose, if things did not workout. Obviously things did workout, but it just took patience to get there.

2 Likes

Yup, this is how initially Radix spread was by word-of-mouth, i.e. person to person. Until is launch there was vert little promotional hype at all.

3 Likes

That’s crazy, you’re saying you invested in Radix back in 2013?? How did you do that? I had no idea that was even possible.

1 Like

i’ve been watching defi unfold since the beginning. i could never afford buy in all those years ago and have been patiently waiting. i think Radixdlt is the defi network that’ll finally win over some btc maxis and build trust with normal folks too eventually. the masterless nodes bit got me hooked. i saved for a long time and bought at 2020 public sale. i even bought a couple of XRD NFTs to help with community spirit. not that it really needs it with the R&D being so sound but its nice to be nice. #ScryptoLife :))

1 Like