How do you store your seed phrases?

I have two parts to my question first how do your store your seed phrases ? , i was thinking of keeping them in a safety deposit box with my ledger seed phrases, but I also have a number of other wallets like meta mask ect. Any idea is there a better strategy ?

The other part of my question is what happens when you die, have you let a trusted person know of all the projects you are involved in ? All mine are low cap and I think quality so any of them could do well, whats your strategy on ensuring this information is all passed to the right person ?

2 Likes

in my head. I have a very good memory, so nothing is written down.

Since I don’t trust anyone, if I die, it’s all gone.

3 Likes

For me it is on paper, secured in a fix place.
For now only I know what to use it for, but might share with someone later on. Depends on the value later.

2 Likes

I secured it in the easiest and safest way at the moment, writing it down and keeping it a secret. as a backup I backed up my wallet to a flash disk and then saved it simultaneously to the safest place.

2 Likes

Yes me too but could be with 100s of millions and if you die (unexpecdlty ) like we all might at any moment its all gone , all that money for your family. I have made some plans by updating a spreadsheet and I think a safety deposit box might be the best thing for me. @yesr maybe even safe it on a usb with password function. Its so scry to think if someone gets those its over and just remember 10 years from know everyone will know what seeds phrases are, maybe keep halve in one place and half in another.

1 Like

is someone uaing a metal plate, like this?

thats maybe a way for me to safe it. in the future for family or wife if i die or have an accident.

Yes i saw that option,but the problem is if anyone finds it 10 years from now they will know exactly what that is and try every wallet, you know these scammers ! I saw this one - https://www.metrosafe.co.uk/,less than 9 pounds a month and its safe and secure and even safe from fire, i might do this !

1 Like

Here is my current plan to save my seed phrase: I wrote all my seed phrases on papers, cards, and then put them in a plastic bag, book or shelf.

The best advice I think is that everyone should have at least one offline copy stored in a different location.

2 Likes

As I checked the link, I agree that it might seem secure solution for now, but you basically give the data to a third party which is the first thing that I would avoid. I would rather store it in my sorroundings / environment that I completely control.

1 Like

Yes i hear but you give the data on a usb with a passcode so they cannot see it . Like the one below and you put this code in a safe place or your will. If there is a fire or robbery, you could lose it all. You could lose millions, so to me I think I will just pay 9 pounds a month and invest in a usb ! :slight_smile: with a code, its a hard question to answer I do agree

1 Like

I just use pastebin, who is gonna look at some random words and think it’s a seed phrase?

2 Likes