How to avoid scam tokens on Radix

So as we move towards Babylon there may be scam tokens , but there is an easy way to check them. Copy the token number ID from you wallet and go on to Radix scan and past it in the search, then have a look at how many wallets hold the token.

Here is a scan token - only one wallett

This is the real one , lots of walletts

hope that is helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is very helpful, thanks. especially if someone is trading OTC.
This example with OCI is perfect.
fortunately I have never had any problems.

1 Like

Yes I had to question this because I was buying alot of oci, teh creator of dogecubbedswap said they made a fake oci one to test something, but if you copy the token number in there you can see the ones on dogecubbed are real , hope others can avoid any scams cause alot of radix users lost money in the cerby rug

This is a useful advice. I would also check the person’s history in OTC groups before trading, that helps a lot also to avoid these scam tokens. I was just wandering if there is anything to do in the future (like at Babylon) to avoid this without this manual check. I believe so, but I am not an expert on this.

No matter whether on Radix, OpenSea or wherever you want, the rules to avoid an NFT scam should be universal:

Please watch for:
1. rug pull (cerby)
2. pushing (old but gold)
3. airdrop (beware of free reddit nft giveaways)
4. pump and dump
5. counterfeit nft

IMO, after purchasing an NFT, it’s best to move it to cold storage or hardware, such Ledger, and away from the marketplace account, since it could be hacked by scammers. What do you guys usually do after buying an NFT? Do you prefer moving it into a cold or hot wallet?

Indeed those are helpful but no one saw cerby coming

The lands I brought for mech chain and illvuim are both protected by a ledger so they are in the metamask wallet but protected by the ledger