Large influx of low-effort posts

I’ve noticed a large amount of new posters, asking extremely open ended, low effort questions, or questions that can be answered by the website or have already been answered many times, no doubt because of the giveaway for active posting here (which is fine, I’m posting here a lot more for the same reason!)

A lot of these questions don’t spark interesting discussion, or just clutter the board with low-quality content. Low-quality is a subjective metric, but there’s no way to downvote and flagging as spam seems like an overreaction.

In the interest of the long term quality of the board, now and after the competition, is there anything that can be done?

7 Likes

Sadly, airdrop hunters are coming in full force and posting lots of low effort comments.
These will be remove when noticed.

In the interest of the long term quality of the board, now and after the competition, is there anything that can be done?

Yes! Please flag those messages and our moderators will take care of it.

Click the “flag” button and we’ll review the post. Thank you!

2 Likes

Flag as spam? Or is there something more appropriate?

1 Like

You can use “offtopic” if it’s not relevant at all with the discussion or “inappropriate” if it’s low effort in general. Do you see those options or do you only see spam?

3 Likes

I see those options, thanks.

Okay, so I have been only using the forum for an hour now, but here are my observations.

I won’t lie, I am also interested in the contest, and try to comment to as many topic as possible, where I have something to add. But…

I see people posting like 5-10 comments / topic, instead of modifying their current reply. Another worrying situation, where a topic creator replies ONE BY ONE to each and every person in the comment section.

Can’t we have some kind of maximum comment / topic by a user? Or some other rules introduce to avoid this cheers farming? I know you will filter after the contest, but still, there should be some key rules regarding this IMHO.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind linking or, if you prefer, PMing me some examples of this behavior, so I can find the best solution? Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed. But since this is a new thing, Mattia and team will have to figure it out on the go.

Good point. While this is a slight issue, what remains to be seen is whether the engagement will stick after the airdrop. I, for one, am liking the old school Bitcoin Forum like idea of this platform. Also gives permanency rather than sharing knowledge on Twitter or Telegram which gets lost.

1 Like

I have been participating in a lot of posts for the past hour now and have realized that this is true. Quantity over quality. I am not vying to win anymore and will stop engaging now. But I am grateful to this giveaway to have made me familiar with this forum (otherwise I would have been too lazy to make a profile and explore :stuck_out_tongue: ). I will come back once the giveaway is over for quality discussions. Thanks!

1 Like

Sad to see you go. :frowning: But please be aware that post count is just one small metric for the point system and that higher quality topics/posts get rewarded more.
This is the first day of the contest and I’m still figuring out how to limit useless or low effort posts, we just added a new moderator today to try and limit this behavior.
We’ll be waiting for you! :heart:

3 Likes

Mattia, the truly interested will continue to post high quality comments and will open meaningful threads. And it is these users who will stay and drive RadixTalk forward! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Glad to hear this! I’ll still stick around for quality stuff. Just will not be trying to win the competition now. At least not through posting a lot. Don’t wanna spam. But yeah I’ll still participate in engaging conversations.

2 Likes