More than one wallet under one seed phrase, how to separate them?

I hope that my question is clear enough.
When you install and generate official Radix wallet you can make more than one address.

I would like to use one address in mobile wallet but do not want to compromise other one.
Is it possible to separate them and generate different seed phrase for each one?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an automatic way to do what you’re asking for. Manually though, on desktop what I would do is create two separate wallets with two different wallet.json.

So I would create one wallet normally, then rename the folder

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\radix-olympia-desktop-wallet

to something like radix-olympia-desktop-wallet1. Then open the Radix Wallet again and it should look like you never made the first wallet, so create a new one, which will be the second wallet.

Then when you want to switch back to the first wallet just rename the current radix-olympia-desktop-wallet folder to radix-olympia-desktop-wallet2, and radix-olympia-desktop-wallet1 to radix-olympia-desktop-wallet.

You could also create a simple Batch script to easily switch from one wallet to another automating the renaming of folders.
Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Mattia

Thanks Mattia.
I already have 2 wallet addresses in my desktop wallet with one seed phrase.
What I want is to have 2 seed phrases, one for each address.
Is that possible?

Having two wallet.json files means you have two different seed phrases. My method should let you do exactly that, since you would have two different directories, one for each wallet and/or seed phrase.

1 Like

Thank you. I will play with this once I have time or just wait for Babylon and new wallet, it should be more intuitive and advanced compared to this one.

1 Like

I think what you are looking for is not the seed phrase, but rather the privat key to the address.

To my knowladge though there is no support to export the privat key of an address, nor to import it on a mobile wallet.

A seed phrase is used to generate new addressess and their corresponding private key.

A privat key only maps to one singel address and is used to sign transactions from that address (aka. public key)

Actually the public key is not the same as the wallet address. It is generated from the public key, but isn’t actually the same. Just wanted to correct that (apparently there is no edit function for older posts on the forum here)
Edit: Edits are now possible without time restriction :slight_smile: