The crypto market is manipulated, but by who?

We all know the whales control the market buy selling large amounts of BTC and then others follow as they try to minimize the losses , but who are they ? Is a collective group, are they mining pools working together ? Who is it actually do this, what’s your view and will it ever stop ?

1 Like

Since the last cycle institutions are really the biggest market movers I think. They hold a large amount of BTC compared to a regular person. This is just how the market works, I don’t think you as a regular investor can do much more then trying to follow the market sentiment / institutions behavior and predict based on that.

2 Likes

As @TamasH said institutions are definitely playing a role but I can imagine that most whales who manipulated are rather old whales who bought a lot of bitcoin in the earliest years…these are only assumptions thou and not backed by any on chain data

probably won’t ever stop…I don’t see a reason why it should stop what would your ideas be why it stops

I think that every market is manipulated in one way or another. Regarding the crypto market, BTC is decentralized, characterized by free market and it is not like gold that has physical borders to traverse. So, the crypto market is exposed to everything and everyone: 1. the media manipulates ordinary people to think crypto is used only for illegal things. Or to scare investors o sell. 2. Whales manipulate the market, too. 3. Look also at the cult of Musk I mentioned in our previous discussion related to Elon Musk. People are easy to influence, and “musk lovers” are legitimately investing in DOGE only because of his tweets.

1 Like

Maybe before the gray scale BTC opened many issues about the group or, the basis of communication between the whales that control market conditions. although I’m less sure they are actually doing it or not.
But it has had a pretty big impact on the crypto Bitcoin market. But they are from my point of view maybe just an issue made by a group of people who control the media. Almost very much and can’t tell the difference between fake and true crypto news. As previously I argued who has the power over social media whether they are entrepreneurs or influencers, they can twist the facts if they want to. Believe it or not they are impossible to stop.

1 Like

i think nothing is manipulated. sometimes it’s going up, sometimes it’s going down. everybody had the chance to open a short position when btc was @69k / 60k / 50k / 40k / 30k… did you?

for me personally it’s a normal progress. maybe we will see new ath or it will never be the same again.

1 Like

You are right about that a market has a structure, a cycle, a behaviour.
But when there is a clear sign of market manipulation (like in the other topic where we talked about Elon posting a doge, and the currency skyrocketed), I think we can’t consider this a normal progress.

1 Like

May I ask you someone made a profit short on a platform that provides the Perpetual futures feature, don’t you feel that it is destroying the value of the crypto itself.
Or should I say it’s possible that the transaction volume of Perpetual futures exceeds the value of the real crypto.

I mean someone will say why would I invest in bitcoin *SPOT, if I can profit by opening short positions. :frowning: , if more people think like this I think it will be very difficult to advance crypto.

1 Like

I tend to think the more crypto goes mainstream the more tradefi influences its market conditions. Inflation hitting the tradefi will def affect crypto as well,same as stocks. The wall street and the Fed are now deep into crypto and controlling the markets especially with the vulnerable projects out there.

2 Likes

Really you think the fed is deep into crypto ? Do you think they try control (manipulate) the markets with policy, I just read this and Sam seems to think the fed is causing the downturn. This is sad top me as I hate the fed, I dont trust any government ,what do you of what Sam said ?

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/19/1105853170/crypto-billionaire-says-fed-is-driving-current-downturn?t=1655681665405

1 Like

Agree. The problem is that the FED has its hands not only in crypto, during the last years fed has destroyed many things including the savings and bond market, because of its mismanagement and misconduct. I doubt they will ever opt for a deflationary policy.

2 Likes

I dont think its mismanagement I think its fully planned and intentional, to take as much money (power) as they can from the common people, if you watch the big short you can see how the banks knew exactly what they were doing, they will try control any form of wealth because they know those who have the money have the power.

1 Like

rich people wanting control over state digital currency and the end of cash, which is what this crypto thing was originally about…