Tracking Scrypto developer adoption

I’m not a developer but I’d like to keep track of the growth of the developer ecosystem and scrypto adoption. Listing a few proxies as at today’s date…please feel free to suggest better alternatives or tell me why this is stupid…

25 June 2022

1. GitHub: 257 Stars; 69 Forks; 2,018 Commits
  2. Discord Members: 17.3k
  3. Scrypto Challenge: Lending - 105 participants as at 25 June 22
  4. RadixList Projects: 178
3 Likes
  • Discord members participating in scrypto/rust-beginner-scrypto rather than just discord
  • Also having Radix Developer TG member count
  • Quite generally speaking google trends, although the algorithm hasnt quite picked clearly what scrypto is: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=scrypto
1 Like

I feel like this is actually a great idea! Not sure about some metrics though:

The Discord server has lots of members that aren’t related to Scrypto, maybe measuring the messages per day in the Scrypto channels would be better (if that’s possible?)
RadixList also lists all projects, most of which are NFTs. Tracking the Scrypto hashtag might be better.
I would also keep track of the projects here: Radix - DeFi Ecosystem

1 Like

Not sure how we track participants in developer only forums in Discord but I agree that’s better? I’ll add TG dev channel members

Re Google trends - does it make sense to track it relative to (e.g.) Solidity? Interesting that scrypto seems to be searched more than solidity in the Netherlands…

1 Like

25 June 2022

1. GitHub: 257 Stars; 69 Forks; 2,018 Commits; 27 Watching
  2. Discord Members: 17.3k
  3. Scrypto Challenge: Lending - 105 participants as at 25 June 22
  4. RadixList Projects: 178 Total; 11 #Scrypto
  5. Radix Developer Discussion TG: 1566 members

Scrypto vs Solidity Google trends

Request: Is there an easy way to check the number of blueprints submitted by the community?

1 Like

Some of these metrics are at 0 but its good to add these also:

• There is also another addition which is number of engineering medium articles, there arent any atm which is an area that needs a lot of improvement and is also a place where engineers gather to read guides about.
  • Number of Stackoverflow questions
  • Youtube tutorials on scrypto (outside of radixdlt youtube)
  • Super bonus, smart contract livestreams on youtube/twitch
  • Number of twitter scrypto hashtag trends outside of radixdlt account
  • Hackerrank posts (about scrypto)
  • Subreddit posts (about scrypto)

P.S - you can update the main post rather than creating new ones with updated posts

1 Like

Maybe number of views on Scrypto video Tutorials/dev conferences as well

2 Likes

Thanks - I actually tried to update the main post vut couldn’t for some reason…I’ll try again. Some of these metrics sound very good but I’m not familiar with many of those platforms so I’m not sure I’d be best placed to capture the metrics accurately at a given moment in time (i.e. if I miss stuff then the trajectory wouldn’t be accurately reflected)

1 Like