What are the biggest worries for Radix in terms of success?

I personally do no think ETH 2.0 will do what people think it will , here is the problem what if a billion people joined eth after Eth 2.0 ,eventual it will slow down, if its only as fast as radix babylon then the game is well and truly over.

ETH 2.0 has continually been revised to more modest goals - the merge won’t do anything to increase scalability

1 Like

So if scalability wont be improved , then fees wont be cheaper , then what benefits will the upgrade actually provide ?

One thing I know for sure is Ethereum 2.0 is a good issue, I mean vatalik makes 2.0 a news that has a high selling value that can increase the price of Ethereum itself.

So one of the things being sold is news. And the real problem can’t be solved yet. Eth 2.0 has always been a hot issue since 2020 and the merge won’t do anything to increase scalability

2 Likes

Sorry I am not sure what you mean ? My question was so if scalability wont be improved , then fees wont be cheaper , then what benefits will the upgrade actually provide ?

Are you sure about the scaling ?

The number of transactions on the Ethereum network

The average number of transactions on the Ethereum network is currently 1.1 to 1.5 million transactions per day.

These numbers are expected to increase exponentially after the launch of Ethereum 2.0, as it will allow significantly more transactions to be processed per day. At the moment, the network can only handle 15 transactions per second.

Ethereum 2.0 aims to increase this exponentially to about 150,000 by the time the upgrades are fully rolled out. If this becomes a reality, Ethereum will undoubtedly become one of the fastest and most scalable blockchains in existence, which should further increase its popularity.

Addressing scalability and high gas cost concerns with Ethereum 2.0

Scalability has always been one of Ethereum’s biggest challenges. This is especially true for developers seeking to build DApps and DeFi platforms on the blockchain, as transaction costs can be prohibitively high.

However, with the launch of Ethereum 2.0 (which introduces a new PoS consensus mechanism and shard chains), it will finally be possible to scale the network in a way that significantly reduces costs and facilitates faster transactions:

The Merge is not a complete roll out of ETH 2.0. The full rollout may take 6 years

1 Like

I worked out earlier today and I realised that on of my bottlenecks to progress further is my core strength….this got me thinking what is in your opinions Radix Bottlenecks

I don’t have the technical deep enough knowledge to judge it but I would love to hear opinions from other more knowledgeable

For me I would say their marketing lacks a bit behind as it was visible with Solona marketing provided a lot of momentum for their growth

What are potential bottlenecks you can see becoming a obstacle for Radix?

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll go back to remembering this very convincing Radix slogan

Radix is the only decentralized network where developers will be able to build quickly without the constant threat of exploits and hacks, where every improvement will get rewarded, and where scale will never be a bottleneck .

I think radix can solve the bottleneck problem in blockchain in general. because Radix is a DLT and not a blockchain, which has 1,400,000 TPS to solve transaction problems.

However, we still have to wait for the crypto smart contract to activate and try to simulate it, I think at the moment can’t say anything about its potential. because radix offers to solve common Defi problems.

Cheers

1 Like

I remember we already discussed the tech related potential obstacles behind Radix’s success so this time I will try to think about something more general:

1. Difficulties in following the roadmap timeline
  2. Competitors that in the long run will propose other suggestive projects
  3. Internal issues like problem in the team politics / an unsuccessful communication strategy
  4. Frictions between Dan and the other team big names
1 Like

Thats a good list!

Number 2 would be kind of forks of radix?

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s talking about Radix forks, more like other Layer 1 cryptos that could release a complete product before Radix and beat us in marketing/developer adoption.

1 Like

I dont see any to be honest, If radix does what is says it will succeed , its a simple as that, it might take longer but it will, L2 are going to help eth in the short term, but we have no idea if any current project will be able to sustain 1 billion users or more, I think radix will dominate in a few years and I think others will build something like radix and try take some of the market share, even if it takes years

1 Like

Yeah, I also think we haved had discussion about this before.

Things I can think as a bottleneck:

• Multi-year crypto winter - Radix Team is getting bigger, and need the financial background to pay everyone.
  • An other project came up with a solution to solve the blockchain quadrilemma (unlikely)
  • Newly discovered technical limits while creating Xi’an
  • Bad marketing, especially when we will have the tech behind us.
2 Likes

Ah ok, I understand.
Do you know any upcoming L1’s which could be a competitor for Radix and why would they be able to compete with radix?

1 Like

In that case what would happen to Radix? The project would just slowely dry out and die right?
So lets hope Crypto winter doesn’t last long and Xi’an is successful implemented

I mean even with a mutli level crypto winter I dont think this technology is going away, its such a game changer ,I dont even know if this bear market will last that long as so many more people in the game and much wiser now. Institution are in it as well.

This bearmarket for sure will be different with more institutional money init but also having a recession in your back which wasn’t the case for any other bearmarkets I believe
And also a lot of money looked in smart contracts.

I think recently the Radix team has made a big move by opening an ambassador program and content creator. Maybe I also think this is the right time for the bear market to form a team that can open radix to gain trust in this bloody market. Crypto developers continue to grow rapidly judging from the development data every week. I think we are step by step towards the result.

And I’m sure everything will go according to the planned Roadmap, except if the crypto winter is still ongoing I hope the release is delayed for some time so the hype can get some The right momentum when it’s finished launching.

Maybe I missed the bulls a bit, but I thought it was worth the wait.

1 Like
  1. Co-ordinated attack from people who want centralization