What are the biggest worries for Radix in terms of success?

What are the biggest worries for radix in terms of success ?

2 Likes

The concern that I might feel is failure in smart contracts like Cardano

Apparently, according to the users, Cardano’s network transaction capacity was really low, with some claiming that it could only handle as low as one user per transaction for a smart contract

And maybe the things that happened to solana

Solana suffered its latest outage Wednesday, felled for over four hours by a bug in how the blockchain processes a niche type of transaction that’s designed for offline use-cases.

Of course the two things that happened to cardano and solana, were pretty dire concerns.

2 Likes

I agree, tbh this is also my major concern. Hyptothesizing a near-future scenario in which xrd will have to handle with a terrific number of users transactions per sec, how do you think xrd could be able to solve this issue?

Maybe when the Q3 Scrypto beta test comes together maybe we can see what might happen to radix, or at least during the development of this smart contract we can assess how developers develop and solve problems that may occur.
nothing is always perfect in the beginning but keep evolving and finding the solutions we need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s good is that waiting for the q3 beta test we will have the time to learn from a lot of mistakes/issues. The key is to proceed step by step and to keep improving and consolidating the existing smart contracts environment.

That everything that is promised will go to plan, and that we can grow and ecosystem.

Well if everything goes to plan we will be able to grow the ecosystem

For me personally, it is the failure of the developement, when it comes to Xi’an. Babylon is on track, and we can expect a viable product. But having a sharded network, with unlimited TPS is a dealbraker. I am no expert in this field, but afaik this is hard to implement. Maybe this is the reason why Dan is doing a parallel research network where he tries out potential Xi’an concepts.

The other worry might be the complete regulation of crypto, this might cause headache to all projects even including us.

Other than these, I am on full bull mode. :slight_smile:

Sure but Xian has been fully verified as it will work right ? And Cassandra is currently working so there should not be a problem

I do trust in the development even up to Xi’an. My concern would be time. As soon as the interest really kicks in and other big players start to do their own research, we might be too small to keep up.

Dan keeps saying other will need years to get where we are right now. But I feel like with enough money and man-power you could really speed that up and be right in radix’ neck sooner than expected.

I basically hope we keep the first mover advantage regarding a fully functioning sharded network with unlimited TPS

Ah never thought of that , thats a bit of a worry but if xian is launched in 2023 we should be fine ?

We know that Xi’an will be released in 2023. However, Notoros looks like it could be up and running at the end of this year/2023, and I am still not clear about its relation with Cassandra. Do you know something more? What’s good is that it could feasibly be launched before Xi’an…. Perhaps with Babylon and when Radix Engine V2 is 100% live.

I think the biggest threat to Radix is that inferior tech gets more market share.

Radix tech seems amazing, but of a competitor comes out with something that is ‘good enough’ to get decent adoption and network effects then it might be the case that an alternative smart contract platform can take more market share long-term.

1 Like

Network affect is very over rated, imo, very, look at nokia and blockbuster both had massive network effect, point is unless tech comes out to serve a billion people radix will still win out, but one thing is we really need devs using scrypto

The difference is if you have network effects already then also have a ‘good enough’ product perhaps it means you can retain market share.

If L2s are accessible enough that the average user can still do most things with relatively low fees then they might not see the need for a better alternative. If someone is already embedded in a particular ecosystem then it might take a lot to convince them to move to another L1

Yes, it’s like that if someone is sure that in an ecosystem, it will be difficult to accept other alternatives whose contents tend to be the same/similar.
I also think ethereum 2.0 will probably never happen, the simple reason is that a lot of ecosystems in ethereum have been awakened, and they have huge funds and money there.
Not everyone wants to migrate if he has doubts about what might happen if his funds are moved.

ETH Dapps will be developed on L2 for sure - it’s the only way to have acceptable fees for users.

What will be the deal breaker is how user-friendly the bridging process is and also any composability issues. If suddenly your favourite dApps don’t work as well as before it can create a pain point that encourages users to look into alternatives

L2 wont work, this article is great. Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

That’s a good article which I’ve seen before. I was more responding to the claim that ETH 2.0 won’t happen or developers wouldn’t create dapps on ETH.

ETH is very popular for dapps already and ETH 2.0 (as in the merge) will happen, but how effective it will be is another issue altogether

Yes I always thought so, and some observers said so too. They say Ethereum won’t be able to solve it and don’t deal with it either.

1 Like