What can be done to promote RadixTalk?

This time I’m asking a question to you guys!
What would you do to promote RadixTalk, make it grow and give it more visibility? The contest is just the first step, I already have some ideas but I would love to hear yours!
I will phrase it like Jacob did in this tweet: If you had up to $1000 to market RadixTalk in any way you felt would yield the best outcome, what would you do?

There are no wrong answers, so let me see what you got! Even the craziest ideas :wink:

2 Likes

Well this is a good start, I think you could have it on show at all the radix events, like prominent, you could have dan or piers ect mention it more often on youtube, you could have Adam mention it has part of radix updates, not sure how muh support you have from the radix team.

Hmmm 1000 bitcoin budget …ooops 1000 dollar lol, I think its a great thing and it will grow for sure but radix is so under the radar. You could have a YT channel and invite people to talk about projects , i dont think is one thing but many that will help it grow. But best bet is open as many social channels i think.

I wonder if you could send out a newsletter, when people sign up they can opt in for news letter, send it out once a month with cool updates ect , hope this make sense

3 Likes

something like referral bonus.

if a new member was active here for a certain amount of time, he and i got a bonus.

2 Likes

Well this is a good start, I think you could have it on show at all the radix events, like prominent, you could have dan or piers ect mention it more often on youtube, you could have Adam mention it has part of radix updates, not sure how muh support you have from the radix team.

Those are all good ideas but sadly we don’t have support from the team (yet).

You could have a YT channel and invite people to talk about projects , i dont think is one thing but many that will help it grow. But best bet is open as many social channels i think.

Not a bad idea! Do you think people would follow RadixTalk’s socials?

I wonder if you could send out a newsletter, when people sign up they can opt in for news letter, send it out once a month with cool updates ect , hope this make sense

That’s an idea I also had! I would like to create some sort of blog/news feed with “what happened in Radix this week/month”. Still looking for writers though :slight_smile:

@ZitaDonDon

he and i got a bonus.

What kind of bonus did you have in mind?

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

maybe some small rewards in XRD or some premium features here i RadixTalk (depends how this plattform ends in the future)

3 Likes

Let me try to point out something stupid :joy::

1. Sending out a monthly newsletter for members it’s easy, fast and useful. Personally, it would be really appreciate.
  2. Build a better social media presence: what about opening a Radix Talk instagram profile? Regarding this point, what about trying to involve users like us doing some reels/stories about different radix related topic?
    2.2 Opening a YouTube channel/doing a podcast and inviting people from radix (delphi, oci, people behind their nfts…) to talk about their projects. Putting myself in the shoes of an hesitant investor, seeing the faces of people behind the different project will help me gaining trust in the project.
  3. Including a learn/earn with final quiz rewards section. But maybe this is something not related to Radix Talk. It should be on the Radix main page.
  4. Occasional bonuses for loyal/good quality users. Also something like “invite a friend and earn rewards”

edit: @Mattia, what about creating a section where people can share their experiences about interesting stuff like… radix hacklaton? It would be a great way to bring more people here on RT so as to wide the viewers target.

3 Likes

The others pointed out great things above me.

I think for the forum to be more popular, we need to encourage projects owners to use it frequently to promote their events, giveaways, and literally everthing related to their project. It would be a win-win situation for RadixTalk and the project as well.

I’d also like a learn/earn system, where you can earn just a small portion of XRDs. It can be more motivating for newcomers for sure. Questions can start from the easiest one, and can end in a bit more technical environment (whitepaper).

I believe that RadixTalk should be the ‘official forum’ of Radix. After that, we can have all the support and advertising of the Team’s website/events + and we can always cross reference the forum with other platforms. Also a contest like this, (or even a smaller one :slight_smile: ) every few months / half year can give a little boost always.

3 Likes

At this time maybe I invite my community friends to join, and ask them to join the competition. And tell them to enter because there is an active posting session about give away here.

Since they spend more time chatting on telegram than on forums, if they did it on forums I think it would be a lot of spam.
But the best solution is to link forum news with official twitter status. between the developer and the community will be connected.

Maybe create community events for all levels, meaning we have communities from different countries. why not create a team show which country has the most active community on radix talk.
Then make a ranking and it will be fair if there are rules or conditions for the competition.

And the winner’s prize can be used as funds for organizing the winning community meet up, at least Radixtalk is the sponsor of the event.

1 Like

Well, Jacob was not so much interested in my proposal, but let’s give it a try here.
I love the current campaign, as I would honestly not be here without that :joy: Anyhow I’m not sure if that raises the quality as some people might be just writing “something” to earn more points. I guess you need a weekly summary of the “best” topics here and post them on twitter and telegram. If that already exists, I obviously missed it :blush:
Some (smaller) rewards for these topics or active users are of course always helpful.

3 Likes

Also You could make a Radix talk token and send it to every wallet with a message. Like say 1 billion and send everyone 1000 then you can try and code something in the site where people can tip each other for good posts ect , who knows if the token will can value or not. You can get people in different cities to print out radix talk cards and hand them out at events. I think sending tokens to all the wallets will be get the most reward and will be cheapish. Not sure about radix talk community events, as even the raidx ones not that popular.

Also I have another idea I will DM you.

But getting our social channels is also crucial it all adds up and its hard at the start but you go to keep gong and remember in the future radix could be bigger than eth.

@Dwiki I think a tg is good and you can advertise this in the radix group

5 Likes

I like the idea with Tokens. Even if there is no value now, it can be add later on and I personally love to just collect them.

3 Likes

Sending valueless tokens as a form of promotion has been done before and I don’t think that’s very good. And like spam in the wallet.
A few days ago someone created promo tokens and I don’t know what the purpose was and I think that month is a good choice because some people don’t want to be sent something unknown, whatever The reason.

1 Like

The purpose of creating a token is to also send a message to every wallet letting them know about radix talk, also the toke could be used on this site to reward others for good or helpful posts, with a 1000 dollar budget I think this will bring most bang for buck

2 Likes

Unwanted tokens would just create bad feeling in the receiver party, I don’t see it either as a good step to make. An own Telegram group would make more sense, which we can promote once in a while in the official channel / trader channel.