What Dapps are you most looking forward to in Radix DLT?

Curious to gather everyones thoughts now that people have had some time to play around with the dapp experience of Radix DLT and the power of the radix engine. It’d be great to gather more feedback and ideas so builders can keep a close eye and hopefully them build as part of the network. We want participants in the network too, not just holders (although important!). Let me know what you would actually use!

• Dexes
  • Art NFT Marketplace
  • General NFT Marketplace
  • Game engine integrations
  • Social media
  • Sophisticated trading products (All things finance, leverage, liquidity mining, lending, borrowing etc)
  • Insurance (defi/general purpose)
  • Other (please specify)
0 voters
2 Likes

I’d love to see more dApps less related to DeFi and more related to general use! Game engine integrations is a nice example. I think Parabox is working on that.

I would also like to see something like Tornado Cash on Radix, but I’m not sure we’re gonna see that after what happened to Tornado Cash :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Myself I’m anticipating the launch of Radlock.

2 Likes

Hahaha well I appreciate that a lot :smile:

1 Like

What I would like to see here is a migration to something like what UniX might be building.

I notice that you have implemented something similar to the editor implemented in YakiHonne.

I like the link previews.

I notice this doesn’t work with Nostr because of their implementation! There is so much to be thought about in this specific area, and such a display should encourage visits.

Visits are wanted to expand the conversation.

But, on that note, what if I copy my own content from platform to platform?

Is that increasing the reach of the conversation or me being self-obsessed?

Information surfacing is not the most simple of concepts.

I am aware of the dangers of building on Radix, perhaps any chain, at the moment.

Those dangers should not be ignored.

I will come back to this.

Here is what I posted to the UniX TG.

Hi,

Some a few things, although there is really no end of the Qs that can be brought up here. I’ll try to limit myself a bit.

Have you people come across this?

https://nostr.band/

This is based on BTC but has its own public key / private key mechanism.

The landing page has so much on it!

However, one of the entries is for YakkiHonne.

Their link is:-

I suggest you look it up, as it is a very interesting interface.

Beneath this, there is a Markdown editor, which shows the rendered result in the right-hand side panel.

This is also worth looking at.

The reason I found YakiHonne is because of my interest in an individual who sadly died recently, leaving behind his wife and 12 and 10-year-old children. In other words, he was quite young.

His name is Henry Story and he did a lot of work with RDF, FOAF and WebID.

Here is a quite short paper from 2009.

There is also a summary of the paper available in one of the tabs.

FOAF+SSL: RESTful Authentication for the Social Web

There are some of his other publications linked from that website listed here:-

Of note is the 2012 paper:-

Turning a Web 2.0 Social Network into a Web 3.0, distributed, and secured Social Web Application

I must say, in passing, that I don’t understand the very low view counts of his papers as recorded by Academia (academia.edu).

But I won’t go into that here. Apart from that, it seems important to me not to reinvent the wheel.

At the same time, it is important to invent better wheels.

My questions have to do with the subject if people here, considering there are connections between the attention to a particular logic that is expressed in FOAF (SSL) and WebID and SSID that will be implemented on the Radix DLT.

@flightofthefox has mentioned this in Radix DLT Official:-

"
It’s massive, being able to just store these little bits of data easily in the wallet via the SDK will be a huge boon.

Other platforms - you have to spin up a whole bunch of centralised infrastructure, manage signature proofs, create your own APIs, backup/failover systems, etc.

The simple idea of “hey, what if the wallet can just store stuff on behalf of dApps” (which then has its own automated backups via cloud sync) is much much better
"

The data creation and storage is also connected with Persona, a central invention on this DLT.

Coming back to Henry Story, would it be more useful than just "fun to have"to be able to map what concepts in RDF FOAF become on this DLT implementation?

I know the Henry Story was interested in Topoi and actually in the Topos Institute in California.
This subject area has some traction on X and is connected with these sorts of mapping exercises.

Is this area of work useful, redundant or just irrelevant to what might be created in UniX, aside from being a possible conversational stream?

1 Like

Yes, I’m looking forward to RadLock.

How’s it going?

This is a very important project at the moment.

Other posts of mine just now are referring to this area.

I guess the bottom line is that this is a non-trivial exercise.

Lots to unpack here! I had heard of UniX on Telegram but never looked into it. It’s basically an SDK to implement on games to enable Web3, right? If so, it would definitely help speed up adoption on Web3 games because the biggest hurdle for developers is implementing that part.
I guess that takes quite some time to build though; I don’t know if the best starting point would be a Web3 game such as Parabox “releasing” their own implementation as an SDK, or someone else building it from scratch.

Nostr looks very interesting, I like the fact that they built a protocol, not an application or a service, and gave freedom to everyone to build their own relay. Sort of like Lemmy I guess? Don’t know if you heard of it.

But, on that note, what if I copy my own content from platform to platform?
Is that increasing the reach of the conversation or me being self-obsessed?

I would say it depends on platform to platform. Here, I’d say you’re increasing the reach of the conversation: this thread will get indexed on search engines and someone not even related to Radix might find this conversation.

https://nostr.band/

Interesting, so it’s basically a Nostr relay with Bitcoin functionality integrated? Shouldn’t be too hard to make a relay for Radix too

Closest thing I can recall on Radix would be Radit from @CaviarNine, but I’m not sure if they have any plans to bring it back - they definitely have a lot on their plate right now.