What do you think about Arweave, keeps internet history forever?

So Arweave enables you to store documents and applications forever. They are building a project like the way back machine that will keep the full history of the internet forever, so you could go back and read what someone said ect even if its been removed by big tech. I think in an age when big tech and government can no longer be trusted to truthful manage information , this a crucial need, thoughts ?

Arweave Explained https://youtu.be/reQxl5Rl4tE

1 Like

Is it blockchain based somehow? Skimming through Coin Bureau’s video description it looks like it has a token. Have you checked it out? How does it work?

It looks cool though, thanks for pointing it out.

Not invested yet, my one concern is what he said at the end that those who upload the information are not required to upload everything but as they choose, thats an issue, its all or nothing, I understand the token is earned by miners, i think those how upload the information and to pay for transactions.

What would be amazing is a system that automatically archives the entire internet everyday so nothing can ever be changed

1 Like

I think it would be great if they could keep internet history forever. but I personally don’t want that to happen. But I see it looks like it’s a token to trade. and I also looked at the ecosystem, some of which are cloud drive storage services.
Maybe I feel they have quite a unique ecosystem, but to take a deeper look I seem to have chosen to forget about it. :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

I think it would be great if they could keep internet history forever. but I personally don’t want that to happen.

Sorry I am confused what do you mean by that, why would you not want the internet information to be kept forever, in this corrupt world we live in where big tech seeks to control our reality by corrupting the flow of information and with holding truth from society ?

1 Like

If they want to archive everything, are they going to archive DMCA protected content, or, even worse, illegal content? Someone must choose what gets archived and what doesn’t. But who will that be? We’re back at square one if that someone becomes corrupt :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I totally thought about that, i think its all or nothing, you cannot say you want an open society and then chose your own truth, I think we not talking about archiving the dark web, but just the surface level internet, people can still access sites they want too, we cant be responsible for other peoples action, to be with either live in a free society were all truth is allowed or we live in a controlled society ( like now) where others truth our truth for us

1 Like

It might be good for all information to be kept on the internet forever but in this pretty corrupt world. too dangerous if the information can not be managed properly. Maybe I can say is about stability, when power loses control all will be uncontrollable.
Because I think it’s too naive to be able to make all things in free will.

But the world is quite volatile, and accepts change quickly. I hope maybe someone can protect internet information flow properly without intervening safely.

1 Like

But that is the whole point mate, we need the internet (the town square) and information contained in the internet to reman because the world is so corrupt and those in power have shown they cannot manage it. Sorry what does when power loses control all will be uncontrollable ?

1 Like

Sorry for making you misunderstood, what I meant was when something didn’t have someone to manage it it caused Chaos. So I think this corrupt person should be replaced even with another corrupt person just to make things look better even though they are not. Although I feel like this should be challenged myself, and it’s always better to have someone keep the internet history permanently and I hope that also has protection against leaks.

But thanks for sharing your opinion with me I look forward to more input from you in the future.
Cheers

1 Like

I personally use wayback machine a lot, and also like the base concept of “storing the Internet”, but I also feel that there is no solution. If there is no centralized party to manage what will be stored, all the illegal content will be there also and it shouldn’t happen. But having a centralized party puts back us where we want to break out…

All in all, I think it should exist with storing ALL information (regardless of the drawbacks), or the project shouldn’t exist at all.

2 Likes