What do you think of Radix Talk?

Yeah it’s a little distracting and seems a bit out of place but that’s just my opinion. I think if you moved the location and changed the color from blue to transparent, it would be much better. Or if you’re able to just flag or block the posts that meet the “similar thread” criteria, it might even be better. I think thats how Reddit does it but I could be wrong. I’m curious to hear what others think as well. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I think it’s very useful, but at the same time I also think is a bit annoying. I often reply to threads like this using my smartphone, and this blue pop up box seems to be a bit invasive because it covers all my screen, making the typing process pretty difficult.

1 Like

I think it is all fine on PC. As we grow, we definitely need this future to avoid bringing up the same topic. And as I see it only appears, when you create a thread, not when you post a comment.

If it is not fully optimized on mobile, maybe we can forward this issue to the forum engine creators.

One thing that came to my mind: as a lover of statistics, I think they are pretty limited here. Leaderboard is great, but statistics related to users is what I am currently missing (or just hidden). :slight_smile: Things like most liked users, oldest users, list of the most active (by time spent) users, and we can go further. I know it can be a limitation of the forum engine, but I’d love those features.

i like RadixTalk very much. All topics are on one site. i don’t have to search in every telegram group or twitter.

I’m very interested in collecting more badges but some of them don’t have complete clues. Where can I see the clues?

Completed our new user tutorial” where is the tutorial located?
then i see that there are a lot of problems that arise but sometimes there is a limit on the action to make post edits, yes even though it’s not a problem.

Everything is fine for now.

1 Like

Things like most liked users, oldest users, list of the most active (by time spent) users, and we can go further. I know it can be a limitation of the forum engine, but I’d love those features.

It actually is there, but it’s kinda hidden. It’s here.

@Dwiki

I’m very interested in collecting more badges but some of them don’t have complete clues. Where can I see the clues?

I agree, that badge isn’t very descriptive…I’ll try to learn more.
You can find all badges and how to get them here.

I might try making those pages more easily accessible, but at the same time I don’t want to clutter the UI too much…

But thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming.

4 Likes

A little bit as not sure a lot of people actually will take time to read it , i think its needed maybe make it smaller

1 Like

yes I understand it but the instructions are a little unclear. But I’ll try some ways to open it and see what’s hidden inside.
It’s like a Scout game, has a lot of badges to be more senior :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

I had that same question this past weekend! I’m guessing it only appears when you first sign in to a new account although I thought I followed the steps when I saw it. If you figure out a way to do it again please let me know! Cheers

@andrea Yeah I’m in the same boat. I think a transparent background instead of the blue might help. I think it should be moved to a different area as well.

2 Likes

You can now complete the beginner and advanced tutorial with @discobot. Just PM him (write anything in the message) and he’ll interact with you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Mattia I’ve a suggestion related to the badges category.

What about adding some new more badges? It would be cool also to create something like “achieve badges to earn rewards”.

I propose a funny badge to add: bookworm congratulations! You’re achieved 100h read time!

For people like me that love to read a lot of stuff, it would be cool to show next to my name this kind of badge!

1 Like

Interesting idea. But I would have to award the custom badges manually, so it would be very time consuming. But I might come up with some custom badges that aren’t related to site stats, those might be a bit easier to award :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not but lol faces or fire icon or like icon interaction with posts like facebook would also be cool.

2 Likes

Another interesting idea would be the opportunity to customize your own avatar and then using it as a profile picture, something similar to reddit!

Another idea could be doing something similar to coingecko: earn point/rank in the leaderboard and use your points to download radix related materials/ebook/pdf…(i know there is already a lot of free material online, but the idea could be a starter for something cooler)

Example:

IMG_20220616_154059

3 Likes

It’s great that I’ve now collected a lot of badges (18 Badges). But some things like limitations make it difficult for me to unlock other badges.
If it is possible for badges, whether it can be added maybe a progress or task line for each badge. to know the target to unlock new badges.
Maybe like this,
gambar

Thanks, despite how this was fun.

1 Like

i’m afraid that radixtalk will be forgotten again after the competition.
do you already know how this platform will be further promoted after the competition?

3 Likes

Maybe what you said is true, but before there was a discussion about it here,

But I think radixtalk will grow to its full potential along with increasing people’s view of the technology that Radix is working on. As a small example of the terra money forum experiencing an increase in users and posts during the MoE period, what I mean is Radix Talk will also be used optimally when the relationship between developers and holders is very close and needs each other.

I hope you’re all right.

I really like Radix Talk’s basic functionality for why it was created in the first place: to actually store information which would otherwise be lost in TG / Discord, so for that we should keep using it.

There will definitely be less content (let’s be honest, the quality might be better than now… :slight_smile: ), but I don’t think it will completely go extinct.

And never forget that once Radix tech is proven, and the hype train arrives, it will bring many new people to this forum as well.

In addition, lately I feel like I can’t make a thread, every post I put moves into the pending section. Then it just disappears, if there is a verification or selection stage, I think there should be a notification before deletion is carried out.

And posts can go unlisted and mysteriously disappear, I think a bit of a problem with this mysterious thing. Other things like badges I feel now have clear boundaries and it’s really easy to unlock more badges, and I’m really really happy to collect them.

Only threads created in the Chat/Discussion section will be pending before getting listed.

1 Like