When will Radix flip Eth?

True about institutions, but I cannot imagine any new team building on eth, its just to expensive and one event can make the gas price rocket, new projects are unlikely to build on eth, meaning it is starting to lose the mc share

New teams are building on ETH all the time - Devs are building dApps for users so they will go where the users are.

1 Like

If they go ahead with ETH 2.0 there will be a migration of new contracts, will the efforts of current dapps devloper be wasted when new smartcontracts are issued.

@Luck

On what basis do you think it will last long enough?
I thought mass adoption would continue, but maybe not.

2 Likes

dont underestimate the amount of work projects put into ETH. They will keep it alive as long as possible. I think it will grow alongside with Radix still, eventually beeing overtaken by Radix in about 2-3 years. Wild guesses of course

1 Like

Large companies may turn it into a FORTRAN type situation ala Technology jobs in banks, and the legacy-code problem | eFinancialCareers

Basically, itā€™s deemed too expensive to rewrite the application, so they pay developers a ton to maintain it, because most developers donā€™t know how to use that antiquated code anymore.

I see this happening in 10+ years if Eth fails to maintain itā€™s #1 spot.

1 Like

They have more expensive nicknames and look like elite platforms. Even so, many believe that high fees are proof of security. This is only the case between ETH and BSC.
If radix makes a low fee, whether the BSC waste project will enter quickly and infect the radix ecosystem, we still donā€™t know.
Hopefully we can ward off this.

1 Like

Hard to say but often times, when we aim at a targetā€¦ we tend to narrow our vision to the other possibilities, goals and achievements ahead of us.

For the success of this project, I truly hope Radix outgrows the market, as it is already saturated. And that, Iā€™m betting it will happen 2-3 years after the release and success of Xiā€™an.

1 Like

The concept of high fees being proof of economic security or being considered ā€˜platform revenueā€™ always seemed strange to me.

Reducing fees obviously would be a net benefit to the platform (assuming itā€™s not due to a reduction in blockspace demand)

2 Likes

In the next bull run, definitely

1 Like

What you think radix will flip eth in 2 years wow man that is very optimistic, based on what ?

That is also very optimistic that we will have a bull run is 2 years :smiley:
I donā€™t think we can add much value here until we see:

• if Babylon is delivered in time (Babylon alpha/beta net this year!)
  • fulfills all its promises with a nice perforamance of 50 TPS
  • what is the reception of the crowd ā†’ probably the biggest factor.

Yes I think so for a clear target we must reach the maximum point, xiā€™an is a bridge to the target we want. 2-3 years is indeed a fairly short time but if all plans and plans are executed properly along with a 4 year cycle of BTC movement I think we will break the target.

I agree with your mentioned points. Although I am optimistic about the Radixā€™s future success, it is clear that itā€™s still too soon to predict the future. Iā€™d say ETH is not going anywhere at least until 2027, even if a super successful L1 emerges out. Everything will depend about Radix adoption.

Yeah, ETH ecosystem and the number of users really stand out to this day. I am also optimistic, since every roadmap phase has been met in time until now.

I suspect that by this time next year (2023) all the wrinkles of Babylon with be finely ironed out, including the royalty payments for Devā€™s. Think about the royalty life-time residuals a good dev could easily earn via scrypto components and blueprints. This will be what attracts the devs to the Radix network. When a person who has never written a single line of computer program code can learn how to code and deploy a scrypto blueprint in 30 to 60 days, then what kind of productivity is an experienced coder going to haveā€¦ :rofl: :rofl:

The devā€™s will attract the users with their innovations.

With regards to flipping ETH, I would say between 5-7 years after Babylon is released.