How do you think big tech will respond to a decentralised world?

I wonder how facebook, apple, amazon , banks ect, this who have lived in centralised world will respond to a decentralised world. I mean google makes almost all money form ads, using as a product, this will all soon change and they will go bankrupt, we wont need amazon as middle man and projecs are already working on services to take on AWS, meaning they will also lose alot of money. Facebook also uses as a product selling information to advertisers.

Banks also use us, so will they survive with defi, I mean every major big company on earth works in a centralised, what happens when this system no longer exist ?

So what will this companies will now get the benefits from a centralised world do, do we expect them all to go out of business in a few years ?

1 Like

Thats a cool question!
I think it will be similar to the internet early age meaning that businesses and their structures will change or go extinct with the potential shift to a more decentralized world

Some will resist to adapt to this new world other will change and adapt towards a decentralized world

Going to be very interesting which big companies will go down somehow I really cannot see google or amazon going away from us so soon but you never know

I think they will take it easily because the decentralized world is a world of technology with no boundaries. although some people still don’t want to follow the trend of digitizing NFTs and cryptos for example bill gates arguing that he doesn’t want something that is given a very high value and calling it 100% based on the theory of the greater fool, a financial concept that even overpriced assets can generate money as long as you find a bigger fool to sell it.
And facebook itself started introducing metavers in a few years, I think they will all be ready and have to accept the decentralized world.

1 Like

Well google has a very big problem as most of their money comes from ad revune , already there are companies building browsers that will allow us to make money of our information sold to companies. So they really do need to worry.

@Dwiki
Yes but my question was how will they make money in a world were they are unable to use us as products any more ? , the only reason they have made so much money is because we have lived in a centralized world, so how do you think they will make money in a decentralized world ?

1 Like

I think the main principles between decentralized and centralized have something in common and can do the same thing because they still need us as products and consumers, and they just have to co-develop and facilitate it and then the cycle will make a profit for them.

1 Like

Sorry I still dont think the question has been answered lol ,

Blockquote I think the main principles between decentralized and centralize

what do you mean ? They are completely different models

Blockquote co-develop and facilitate it and then the cycle will make a profit for them

Sorry what does that mean ?

1 Like

I also think that they will be able to make a profit, with a new, different model. Those who will stick to the centralized model will probably go bankrupt in a few years time, if full decentralization arrives. This will really depend on the company’s attitude towards decentralization. They might start to develop new dApps that can give them profit, when they see that there are no longer ad revenues.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea of what type of dapp a company like google could develop that would gve them the type of money they do now , this is an honest question cause I cant think of any unless they release a streaming service or ad service were say 80 percent of them money goes to users and 20 percent to them , but gosh that would bankrupt them long term.

2 Likes

Well google has a very big problem as most of their money comes from ad revune , already there are companies building browsers that will allow us to make money of our information sold to companies. So they really do need to worry.

Thats a true point

But I think for a long time they still will be able to make revenue through adds since the decentralzed world won’t come quik I think

What I want to say is that I fully agree that they will have problems yet they will also have time to adapt and furthermore they got all the resources they need to shape the decentralized future in their liking and create a spot in it for them selfs

Like already when they would for exemple create a mobile wallet with a swap function a lot of people, meaning normal people, would use it because it is from google thus safe and they could make revenue through this

Do you have any idea of what type of dapp a company like google could develop that would gve them the type of money they do now , this is an honest question cause I cant think of any unless they release a streaming service or ad service were say 80 percent of them money goes to users and 20 percent to them , but gosh that would bankrupt them long term.

I for sure will reshape their income models!!!
If they want to survive they will need to adapt and this might include making less money of their users

Well there are already at least two great browsers that allow you to get paid for ads, one is Decentr- https://decentr.net/ , the other is brave where I get paid to not watch videos and I think Brave is increasing the features ,so that future is here, I understand they are already eating into chrome revunes. Yes i think a wallet could be good but most crypto people do not trust big tech because how they have tried to control us ,so i would not use any of their products after they have used us for so long.

In my opinion, they won’t go out of business, not today, not tomorrow, not in a few years. They will simply adapt to a new world characterized by coexistence and win-win cooperation.

From my point of view, oracles will have a growing role in the next years. This is because they are trying to bridge the centralized world with the decentralized one. Although blockchain is great at what it does — providing decentralization — it isn’t so great at taking input for things happening outside the blockchain. As we know, there are many “off-chain” forces that influence markets (fiat currencies, credit cards, the weather, and the world of entertainment).

2 Likes

Brave is great!
you are using both of these browsers?

There is also presearch if you interested in decentralized browsing maybe worth a look

Their only advantage is continuing to advertise their products aggressively because of their huge budgets.

@Radiated This is the true nature of capitalism: big tech taking advantage of a fruitful medium.

@Shrimp @Ratty I am using Brave, too. It is really good and the idea behind a “decentralized/privacy focused” browser is cool. Although decentralization has nothing to do with money making or profit, the fact that you can earn rewards by using their browser is brilliant.

1 Like

Reading this I am realizing I should use it more. It is kind of free money

I think brave is definitely doing the right steps towards a decentralized future and maybe brave will even disrupt the market of google and co would love to see that

Oh could not live without brave, it automatically blocks ads on youtube as well, once you can live in an ad free youtube world you will never be able to go back, plus I absolutely hate big tech, especially google so I dont want to support them in any way. You dont get paid a lot but I just let it all accumulate until next bull run when token pumps

Shit I should do the same!
Ad free youtube is for sure the holy grale :wink:

and not feeding google is sexy

1 Like

True, free “money”, but the major advantage of brave i think is that it is faster than Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
At the same time, it uses less resources than them .

Excellent privacy features, and as we all are mentioning, interesting bonuses that you can earn while using it.

Why is it faster? I somehow would expect google to be the fastest?

Its built by the guy who invented Firefox, so an awesome team but even if its not like i said no you tube vids!